Hey there! 👋
This is Mariana Balla, but I guess you already know that since you are here…
I own a Bachelor’s & a Master’s degree on “Information & Communication Technology”, both granted by the Faculty of Natural Sciences, University of Tirana.
I am a Product Manager that enjoys planning and building software while collaborating with international, distributed teams.
While heavily involved with online and offline Open Source communities, I have experience with tracking product planning, implementation, and launch. I am a fan of open source technologies and I try to work with open source solutions for day-to-day tasks. Some of my favorite and most used tools for Product Management and Community Outreach are:
- Email for communication & reporting
- Linux-based operating systems as my main OS
- Git (Version Control System) for file changes tracking
- GitHub & GitLab for code storing and issue tracking
- Mattermost (Slack alternative) for team communication & collaboration
- phpList for bulk email sending
- Discourse (the software) for community outreach
I have used the above-mentioned tools and solutions to manage products & projects and user communities outreach. If your company uses similar tools or is looking to explore new solutions, I would be happy to put some effort into getting myself familiar with new tools.
How can I help you:
- Create a development roadmap for your project/ product
- Track development & report results
- Manually test your product for minor bugs and malfunctions prior to final launch
- Organize an (online) event to introduce your project/ product to your customers/ partners/ wider audience